The Coronation Fund Managers Bursary Programme
Who can apply:
SA citizens interested in full-time undergraduate B Business Science or B Com studies in the fields of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Investment Management and Statistics at the University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University, University of Pretoria, University of Johannesburg and the University of the Witwatersrand. Only applicants with an NSC with degree endorsement and at least a level 6 rating (70%) for Mathematics and English First Additional Language, or Matric Exemption and a minimum “B” symbol (Higher Grade) for Maths and English will be considered.
Preference is given to:
Bursary type: Full cost
Main selection criteria: Academic merit and financial need.
Instructions for submission of application forms
Applications will only be considered if completed in full and if all the supporting documents have been included and signed by the applicant. Documents that accompany the application form must be certified:
1. A copy of your mid-year/June examination results. If you are not studying this year, send a copy of your latest exam results, together with an explanation of what you are doing this year. This is essential as the exam results play an important role in the selection process.
2. Matric/NSC results: If you have already completed matric/NSC, include your results, together with your latest tertiary (June) results. This is compulsory for all tertiary students.
3. Two testimonials: One testimonial from a responsible educational official, e. g. your principal or lecturer and the other by a community, political or spiritual leader. Use the testimonial forms in the application form or attach suitable testimonials.
4. Write an essay on your life on the page included. Use additional pages if necessary. This must be written by you. Your parent, guardian or friend may write a letter of recommendation.
5. Proof of salaries* of parent(s), guardian or spouse (*e.g. payslip, letter from employer, sworn statement or tax return statement).
6. A copy of your South African ID.
When completing the application form, please clearly specify the exact degree programme for which you need a bursary, the name of the educational institution where you plan to study (University of Cape Town) and the year of study.
Changing your degree programme after submitting your application form may lead to a cancellation of the bursary, if granted. No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
- Due to a possible postal strike and the likelihood of your application not reaching us before the closing date, we encourage applicants to make use of the Online Application Feature
- Alternatively, application forms can be downloaded from our website.
- Write your ID on every page of your supporting documents
- If you require an application form to be posted to you, please sms the word STUDY, your name, surname, postal address & postal code to 31022. (Standard sms rates apply)
- Completed application forms may still be submitted to the postal address, Studietrust, Private bag X16, Braamfontein, 2017.
- For applying online, please indicate in the relevant space that you are applying for a Coronation bursary. We will, however, consider your application for other bursaries too, so you only have to apply ONCE.
- The closing date for requesting an application form is 31 August.
- The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September. This deadline applies to all modes of application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
- Studietrust (the Coronation bursary administrator) receives thousands of application forms each year and it is therefore not possible for us to acknowledge receipt of all completed forms. All applications will be considered and selection will take place from September to December. All applicants will be notified of the outcome not later than 31 December.